Sunday, April 1, 2007

Picture... Reflection...


For my refection I chose a different picture from the same artist because it stood out the most as far as reflection purposes. This is another piece from the Foley gallery, this being simpler with its characteristics. This image brings me back to when I was about six years old. I had just been taken from my legit parents and placed into a foster home. I was too young to understand the circumstances at the time so everything that happend felt wrong. I was there for two days while my relatives were contacted so that I could be placed with them. The only relatives that responded were my grandparents, which brings us to this image. The image is an older woman standing of the side of the street on a side walk gazing off at something. Behind here are a set of huge wings slightly spread taking up most of the picture. The image brings back my memories of how my grandparents basically gave me a second chance at life because with out them I wouldn't have made it as far as I have.

2 comments:

@km said...

Wow, your post is really good and touching. I can totally see where you can connect your experience with the picture. The woman's wings are her saving grace it seems in the picture. The woman is very serene and seems grateful for whatever she is thinking about. The black and white color of the photo adds alot of emotion as well, it makes it more distinct. Great pic and awesome post I enjoyed it!

Jiarui Xie said...

The same author we choose, I like his style and the way he composed his pictures. And you did a good job in reflecting upon this picture. You can reveal about your grandma from this picture. I know what are you pondering, because I feel the say way. You reflection was really connective and touching. I love it.