Sunday, April 15, 2007

No Where... But Down the Stairs.




So I was digging around through some of my super old files... from like 6th grade through high school and I found a poem I wrote for some class... and since lately I have been really feeling down I thought I would blog about it.

Basically I was a straight up nerd for super long... green pants, blue shoes, red shirt hahaha!!! Nerd all the way!!! Then I got into skateboarding, it did something for me that nothing had ever before. It provoked me to go out there and step out side my comfort zone, I mean if you can throw your self down some stairs and take a good beating, you can do just about anything. Recently, for a while now, things have pretty much gone to... and skating... which is the joy of my life, been there for me when ever and so forth, has always had my back but now it is making me more made than happy. So right now I am pretty much evaluating my self, my tactics, and my life in general... taking it apart piece by piece and putting it back together...

And this cheezy poem gives me the that extra something that makes me remember why I love skating.
(And I am still a nerd all the way... but my definition has changed.)

(The poem was aligned to a skateboard picture but it won't up load right so ya.)

"FLOAT"

You begin to run, a Slight jog.
The wind whipping your hair, shirt, and sKin.
With A flick of your wrist and a leap into mid air, you set your feet in place.
Now The wind blows fiercely against your face, a face of confident anxiousness.
You look stEadily at your feet to position them perfectly.
One last breath.
You Begin to see the edge.
YOu begin to bend down in anticipation.
Pop! The tAil cracks against the ground.
Your foot slides eveR so gently against the grip.
Now your in the air, the slightest wrong move and your scraping the grounD with your body
Your eyes black out as you close your lIds for a single blink, everything slows down, feels like your floating for hours.
The Next thing you know your eyes catch the vivid colors of light as you open your lids.
Still your in the air, how is this possible? It seems so amazinG!
You check your feet to make sure there on the bolts.
Bend your legs, absorb the impact, and the next thing you know your trying something else to fulfill your adrenaline rush.


As I figure everything out I know skating will be there when I need it most, that and it kicks @$$!!! hahaha!!!

1 comment:

tsava said...

Very interesting!. loved the poem...can't imageine someone like you would rite some poem like that.. but yeh it's cool.. Knowing the fact you are still skating till this day and that you find something from the past that relates to skating must have brought back so much of memory.. Skating is hard.. I would love to learn it.. peace my friend.. adioS!!!