Monday, February 5, 2007

a whole bunch on nothing makes the world go round


WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS THE USE OF PROFANITY.






The video I chose was shown to me by a friend in the last weeks of my high school year, and yet to this day I laugh every time I see it. The video is basically a cut scene from a old G.I. JOE episode that is dubbed over with hilarious random sayings that will confuse the viewer if taken too seriously. I found the video so hilarious because the old G.I. JOE cartoons were based on typical America, being patriotic and so forth, and at the end of an episode a “moral to the story” would be given similar to one of the political commercials, just strait and blunt like, “DON’T DO DRUGS”, etc. This video has no true focal point because it is so random. If the viewer tries to correlate what is said in the video with what is going on, and what is said and done later, then only more chaos is caused. In the original episode you can see how tense the kids become when the fire is started and yet when the G.I. JOE guy enters he is tranquil and composed with his actions gesturing the children to evacuate the building. The dubbing however is insane. The kids ramble on as they stand in shock at the rising smoke, when all the sudden the G.I. JOE comes to the rescue. Still appearing calm but vocally uncontrollable. He screams at the kids and everything that he does just adds towards the comedy of the video. “….WE’RE ALL DEAD!!!” The creatures of this video basically reversed the characters vocally making them seem totally insane. This is I guess as close to a focal point as this video gets cause it is utterly pointless other then the fact that it is a parody of a classic cartoon. Things like this make the Internet interesting, including all forms of media on the Internet. When you have a craving for just about anything from humor to adventure the Internet is there and it is then and there not a at a selected time which you have to wait for. This makes the Internet a powerful tool in today’s society. Hand-held devices like Ipods, mp3’s, phones, all offer some sort of media but it is limited access while the Internet is on going and filled with everything that you could ever imagine.

Here goes a link to some of the other videos on youtube

G.I. JOE

No comments: